Monday, September 10, 2012

Great news! AND a whole new set of worries...


It's been three weeks since I last posted. In the last post I was one day away from my initial test.  And the results were the best I could have hoped for...


So here I am three weeks later and I'll be honest, I've been afraid to post anything these last few weeks in the fear that I'll jinx things. But I sit here writing today because we finally got to go in for the first ultrasound.

I have never been so nervous in my life. The doc, who knows our history, was immediately on the same page with us and totally got why we were not the normal, smiley couple, but instead the couple who looked like they were about to lose their lunch!

And then we saw...for the first time in this pregnancy...and yes, there was a heartbeat. Well, not one actually but three heartbeats! A bit of a shock but so happy to see that so far, it's all looking good!

One of the heartbeats was 113bps, the other was 140bps, and the third was 87bps.  The doc didn't sound too optimistic about the third one, as that heartbeat is pretty slow, but to be honest, we'll be thrilled if just one sticks!

I am hoping beyond hope that we finally get our take-home baby this time around.  And maybe, just maybe, we'll get lucky and have two or three take-home-babies. But, don't get me wrong, I don't want to sound greedy or anything. All we really want is just one healthy, happy baby. That's all we've ever wanted and I just pray that luck and the powers that be will finally allow us this good fortune.

We go back to the doc next week to see if things are still looking okay.  I am already nervous but am also hopeful for the first time in a long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment